Tuesday 21 May 2013

Double chocolate chip cookies

When I first couldn't have dairy I think the thing I missed the most was chocolate. I am a definite sucker for chocolate. My husband and I could easily down a whole block in a night if we wanted to. I remember the day a friend told me that Lindt 70% chocolate was dairy free. The next time I was at the shops guess what I bought? Although much to my disappointment I just didn't like the taste of dark chocolate. Recently I discovered how yummy dark chocolate could be if used in cooking. Today's experimentation was some gluten and dairy free double chocolate chip cookies. The verdict is they are delicious! Here is my recipe:





Ingredients:
125g of nuttlex
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup gluten free plain flour
1/2 cup gluten free self-raising flour
2 tbs cocoa powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
50 g a Lindt 70% dark chocolate, broken and crushed (50g is half a block)

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 . Line two baking trays with baking paper
2. Using electric mixer cream together butter, vanilla and brown sugar. Beat in egg
3. Sift in flours, xanthan gum and cocoa. Beat until combined. Add chocolate chips
4. Place a tablespoon of mixture onto the trays approximate 6cm apart.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
6. Allow cookies to stand for five minutes before serving.

I should also add if you don't want it gluten free simply replace the gluten free flours for wheat flour and don't use the xanthan gum.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment