Thursday 6 June 2013

Aldi 'has no' gluten free range

Recently when I was I aldi I happened to discover the now started stocking a gluten free range at very attractive prices. Two things caught my eye, the gluten free bread and the gluten free flours. I have tried out both these products recently and here is what I thought:

The bread-


I really think that the only good thing about the bread was the price! Totally missed the mark with this bread. I found it very dense and really hard to pallet. Won't be buying it again.

Gluten free flours- 


Aldi had both plain and self raising flours for sale. They cost about $3 a packet, which I really good in terms of the cost to other brands.  I have recently used both the flours I things I have made to test the flours out. I think in terms of taste, they were pretty good. However, the texture they gave was very grainy and really noticeable in things using a lot of flour. I don't think this is a good flour to use for baking. I don't think I'll buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment